XperienCentral R41 once again shows our commitment to delivering improvements based on user feedback. In response to the valuable suggestions from our user group, we've decided to roll out multiple customer releases to ensure that our platform continues to meet your needs. This release incorporates some significant enhancements alongside numerous smaller improvements and bug fixes.
We have expanded the column view in the Advanced Search feature, which now provides a lot more columns for displaying information about content items. This also applies to Modular Content properties that have been marked as facets. This improvement makes it easier than ever to identify content items with missing or incorrect matadata or configurations. Users can customize these columns to suit their specific needs, and these settings will be saved in the user's profile for persistence.
Furthermore, we've introduced the ability to sort results directly using the column headers and adjust column widths to ensure all necessary information remains visible. This expanded view empowers users to efficiently manage their content with precision.
We understand the need for flexible layout management, so we've introduced a feature that allows you to seamlessly add a different layout without the need to remove the existing one first. Content will be intelligently migrated to the new layout, ensuring a smooth transition. While mapping content to the new layout may vary based on configurations, this feature simplifies the testing of different layouts on a page and facilitates quick layout changes without manual content copying and pasting. Until saved you can always switch back to the original layout without losing any original content.
Maintaining the relevance of your content is crucial, and this extends to downloads. We've introduced the capability to automatically set the status of unused downloads to 'inactive.' This feature is achieved through a scheduled job that periodically checks whether downloads are referenced within your content. If no references are found, the downloads are automatically marked as inactive. This proactive approach helps prevent end-users from accessing outdated content through direct links, contributing to a more streamlined and up-to-date content repository.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- Extended Google sitemap with images and language versions.
- Thesaurus relations between tags are now maintained during the import/export process.
- Added WebP to image file type conversions.
- Add the possibility to copy/paste a CSP policy as a whole into the CSP panel.
- Fixed a bug which resulted in URLs ending in dashes.
- Notifications are no longer sent to inactive users.
- The way that XperienCentral checks for conflicting redirects and dumped URLs has changed leading to a performance improvement.
- Vertical whitespace has been removed from the Site Structure widget to make it more compact.
- Rendering multiple forms on the same content item now works correctly when using AJAX.
- Page watchers are now added to the list in immediately.
- When more than one language is based on an existing one, they now appear separately in the "Language" facet in Advanced Search.